The Fest HQ is not only the place where you buy or pickup your weekend passes and session tickets – visiting the HQ might mean attending an opening reception or art reception, viewing featured artwork, buying festival merchandise, bidding in the silent auction, seeing what’s happening in the media lounge, find out where to eat, ask a question about Nevada City or Grass Valley, check in for a volunteer shift, and find out more about the Yuba Watershed and SYRCL!
Tickets and Will Call
Will Call tickets will be available for pickup beginning January 11th 2013 at Festival Headquarters. Hours are as follows:
- Friday, January, 11: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday, January 12: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Sunday, January 13: 8:45am – 2:00pm
*Note: If you need to pick up a Thursday evening session pass, or a weekend pass with access to that session, please pick up at SYRCL’s offices at 216 Main St in Nevada City, anytime up until 5pm Thursday January 10th.
During the Film Festival weekend, visit Festival Headquarters for all ticket questions.
Receptions and Ongoing Events:
- Opening Reception: Friday 4-7pm for food, wine and beer.
- Fine Art Exhibition – all weekend long! Featuring art by Dan Shepherd, Terra Nyssa, Jane Baldwin, Benjamin Drummond & Sara Joy Steele, Tatiana Makovin, Judith Selby Lang & Richard Lang, Jane Theobold, and Jillian Van Ness. Please visit the Art page for more detailed descriptions of each artist and their work.
- Art Reception: on Saturday from 4:30-6:30pm during the Art & Wine Stroll.
- Check out the incredible mobile exhibit from Conversations with the Earth, an international project using participatory media with indigenous peoples on climate change – all weekend!
- Silent Auction opening on Friday at 4pm and closing on Saturday evening at 7pm: Bid in our silent auction with great items from our festival sponsors! Including wine, outdoor gear, and more
- Mobile Exhibit from Conversations with the Earth, and international project using participatory media with indigenous peoples on climate change – all weekend!
Meet many of the filmmakers and activists in the Wild & Scenic Media Lounge hosted by See Jane Do, a multi-media program on Award-winning community radio station KVMR 89.5FM and Project Survival Media, a global youth journalism network reporting from the front-lines of climate change. The Media Lounge is THE place for up-to-date information, photos, videos and exclusive interviews with guest filmmakers, activists, and festival organizers. Filmmakers, members of the press, and festival-goers are all invited to enjoy free wi-fi and a comfortable setting to meet, connect, and network. Plus check email, write a quick blog, upload photos, Tweet and more.
New Festival Memorabilia for Sale!
Visit the Wild & Scenic store to buy festival apparel and other fun items! You can also purchase any items at the SYRCL office before the festival (*new 2013 item).
*Organic Ladies pullover sweatshirt (black and grey) $38
Organic Eco-fleece hooded sweatshirt (black, limited sizes in grey) $38
*Beanies (cream, brown and blue) $12
*Caps (brown and grey) $15
Canteen water bottle $15
Art cards $5
I Love the Yuba white long-sleeved shirts $28
Baby Onesie $15
Locally made ceramic mugs