If you are interested in hosting a Wild & Scenic On Tour venue and applying for the Wild & Scenic Grant, please review the host guidelines below. Here you will see how to apply, cost for the festival package, what you are responsible for and what the festival kit includes. Be sure to have reviewed the Wild & Scenic Grant Guidelines before applying.
It is important to note…The festival staff does NOT travel to your venue. You purchase the festival kit and pick the date that works best for your organization. The festival kit has everything you need for a turn-key production. You build a custom film program from our menu of 55+ films and we send it formatted and ready to go on one DVD!
How to Get Started:
- Review the Wild & Scenic Grant guidelines.
- Consider when and where you would have the event (you do not need a date to apply)
- Complete a Wild & Scenic Grant Application (grant application doubles as a tour application)
- Send application to the tour manager. Early Bird submission is March 24th. Application deadline is April 18th.
- Your event MUST take place between May 1, 2012 – April 30, 2013 – that gives you 12 months!
- Allow a 3-month planning window
- Upon grant approval, you must submit a $250 deposit and signed contract within 30-days to reserve your grant!
- Once under contract, you’ll be sent the Wild & Scenic On Tour’s “Festival Kit” including all the promotional and technical materials to get started.
The festival package costs $1500. The Wild & Scenic Grant is $1000 offsetting the package price by $1000 leaving grant recipients a balance of only $500. The grant must be used to pay for the festival kit and is not intended to cover other event expenses, i.e. venue, printing, rentals, etc… $1500 covers up to 3hrs. of films for a one-time screening. Affordable rates apply for expanded programs, i.e. extra hours of films, screenings in two cities, etc…
- Status as an official Wild & Scenic Film Festival tour venue.
- 3-hours of environmental films for a one time screening.
- Build a custom film program from a menu of 55+ films. Build a longer program, or expand to two days, for a minimal charge (inquiry for details).
- We pre-screen over 350 of the best environmental films each year and bring the best on tour.
- Read bios, watch trailers and short films at our Online Screening Page. Makes it easy to pick films for your program.
- Full-length versions are available for preview on Vimeo.com (password provided once under contract).
- Once built, film program arrives on a ready to play DVD.
- All filmmaker contracts and film licensing fees are handled by Wild & Scenic. All you do is pick the films you want in your program.
- Each festival program starts with the “official” Wild & Scenic opening trailer (3-minutes). It is a professionally crafted intro which is a mix of film stills, video and music.
- A comprehensive Tool Kit with all the guidelines including execution, timelines & organizational checklists
- Promotional and Media Guidelines
- Technical and Digital Guidelines
- Sponsorship Guidelines
- Sample press release
- Outreach strategies for reaching “past the choir”
- Ideas for “dressing up” your event
- Complete graphics package…Wild & Scenic provides easy to use templates that each tour venue customizes for their event. These materials will be used to promote your event. Online Media Resources Page offers access to downloadable templates for a poster, program, ticket and handbill. Film stills, graphics, logos and sample ads are also available. Take a sneak peak at our online Media Resources Page (password: activism)
- Event kits automatically drop-shipped by our SIX National Partners: Patagonia, Sierra Nevada Brewing, CLIF Bar, Osprey Packs and Mother Jones.
- Resources for contacting filmmakers for interviews or to be a guest speaker.
- Membership to the Wild & Scenic Grassroots Network
- One weekend pass to the home festival (to be confirmed by December 14, 2012)
- On-call support from the festival’s tour manager.
Host Partner Responsibilities:
- Adhere to guidelines of the Wild & Scenic Grant
- Secure a screening venue
- Fee to rent your venue
- Qualified projection equipment, lighting and sound system – Wild & Scenic provides detailed Technical Guidelines
- Technician for digital equipment
- Local marketing and promotion
- Other special events connected to festival , i.e. reception, music, food, wine/beer, kid’s program, etc…
- Support staff and volunteers
- Use environmental films to inspire activism
- Offer an effective membership event for environmental organizations
- Provide an outreach tool for bringing together a diverse audience
- Build a Grassroots Network of environmental organizations
How to Cover Event Costs:
- Sell tickets ($10-$12)
- Solicit Sponsorship ($100-$500/sponsor)
- Sell raffle tickets or hold a silent auction
- Sell advertising in the event program
- Cash concessions (get refreshments donated)
- Get venue & equipment donated or discounted!
For more information contact the Associate Producer of Wild & Scenic Events