Host a Wild & Scenic Event
WE WANT YOU TO HOST THE TOUR!
Raise support. Raise awareness. Protect your wild.
Wild & Scenic On Tour partners with environmental groups, nature centers, museums, nonprofits, outdoor retailers,conscious businesses, schools and colleges who host the film festival to raise awareness for their campaigns, attract new supporters, raise funds, and bring global and regional issues to the local level. Every year we add new venues to the tour– more people see the films, more activists get inspired, and the groundswell for the environmental movement grows.
Good for your group, good for the environment! Draw attention to your organization and get people excited about the work you are doing.
- GROW YOUR CAUSE
- RAISE FUNDS
- RAISE AWARENESS
- ATTRACT NEW MEMBERS & SUPPORTERS
- BUILD COMMUNITY
- INSPIRE SOLUTIONS
- HAVE A DARN GOOD TIME!
Awesome films, beer (did we mention we’re sponsored by Sierra Nevada Brewery?!), like-minded folks, guest filmmakers and mixing it up with the coolest audience in town—all celebrating solutions to heal the earth. Does it get any better?
How Do I Host?:
- PICK A VENUE
- PICK A DATE
- PICK YOUR PROGRAM
- START PROMOTING!
You can apply and secure a spot on our tour calendar without a set date or venue. The festival staff does NOT travel to your venue. We have created a streamlined program so we don’t have to travel to venues. This reduces our carbon footprint and keeps your costs low. And since your event is not dependent on our travel schedule, you pick the date that works best for your organization and community!
Included in hosting the Wild & Scenic ON TOUR:
- Status as a Wild & Scenic ON TOUR partner —draw attention to your group, your cause!
- The WSFF screens more than 400 environmental films and selects over 125 to show at the opening festival. Over 70 films are selected to tour and from these you build-your-own program that includes up to 2.5 hours of films. Most partners host a one-evening program with 2 hours of film. They don’t use all 2.5 hours because 2.5 hours is a very long program for one night especially when you factor in breaks and introductions. You can break the 2.5 hours into two, 75 minute programs and show the two programs over consecutive nights. Or you could build a 2-hour evening program and use the remaining 30 minutes to build a kid’s program.
- We package the film program on to an easy to play, high quality Blu-ray. Each tour program disc starts with the Wild & Scenic Opening Trailer and includes a slide thanking your organization for hosting the festival.
- WSFF negotiates all filmmaker contracts and fees.
- Pick your own date—one that works for you (you do not need a set date and venue to apply). We do not travel to your venue. Our turn-key program provides everything you need to host the event.
- Event kits drop-shipped that include items from our seven National Partners: Patagonia, CLIF Bar, Sierra Nevada Brewing, Klean Kanteen, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and, Orion Magazine.
- Complete graphics package. Includes all the collateral for the promoting the event (poster, tickets, handbill, program, ads, film stills, etc.).
- Comprehensive Festival Tool Kit including a comprehensive event planning guide, strategies for increasing membership, promotional requirements, and technical guidelines.
- Contacts for all the filmmakers! Filmmakers love to be invited to your event and are happy to do phone interviews on your local radio station.
- On-line and on-call support from the festival’s tour manager.
Your organization provides:
- Projection equipment
- A venue with an adequate sound system and a screen
- Technical staff to run projector and Blu-ray player (can be a volunteer!)
- Support staff (volunteers) for ticket sales, publicity, setup, cleanup, etc…
- Marketing and promotion
- Tickets and ticket pricing
The price of our custom package may vary depending on the scale of your event and film program. Please inquire if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org; 530-265-5961 x 219
Keep in mind that most of our venues easily cover the cost of the program with ticket sales and local sponsorships. In fact, many of our venues use this as their biggest fundraiser/membership drive of the year!