Please Help Us Make Wild & Scenic Green!
Ride your bike, carpool or take public transportation to Wild & Scenic. There will also be a BIG bulletin board at Headquarters. Please be sure to post your name and cell number if you are willing to give a ride to someone, or if you need a ride.
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Bring your own reusable coffee mug to our event. Use your own coffee mug at concessions and get a discount on coffee.
- Create a festival bag (or backpack). In your reusable bag, bring your own reusable plate, utensils, cup and napkin. Although we have compostables at Wild & Scenic, using your own utensils is far more sustainable.
- Buy a Klean Kanteen reusable cup and get discounts on beer and wine throughout the festival!
- Bring your own reusable bags for shopping at HQ for merchandise.
- Use the recycling and composting bins at the event. Let’s get as close to zero waste as possible. Think before you throw—there are signs and volunteers who will help you to separate your recyclables, compostables, and landfill materials.
More Ways to Recycle, Plus Electric Car Charging and Carbon Offsets
- Look for the special recycling boxes in each venue—please be sure to recycle your pass holders and programs before you leave the festival.
- Do you have an electric car? There is an electric car charging station at the back of the Miners Foundry.
- Don’t forget to bring your own reusable water bottle. No bottled water is sold at the festival. There are water fountains or taps at each venue. Do you need to buy a reusable water bottle? We’d like thank national partner, Klean Kanteen. We’ll be selling their Wild & Scenic stainless steel bottles and pint cups at HQ.
- And lastly, how about buying some carbon offsets to cover your trip to the festival? Go to www.nativeenergy.com, www.terrapass.com, or www.carbonfund.org.
Thank you for your help Greening the Wild & Scenic Film Fest!