THE SUBMISSION PERIOD HAS CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL ARTISTS WHO SUBMITTED TO WILD & SCENIC!
The Wild and Scenic Film Festival Art Exhibition returns for its 6th year in partnership with Nevada County Arts. We invite artists far and wide* to submit their environment-themed artwork for possible inclusion at the 2017 Wild & Scenic Film Festival in Nevada City and Grass Valley, CA during the 15th annual film festival January 12-16, 2017.
Selected artists will have their work displayed at wineries and galleries in Nevada City and Grass Valley during the film festival and in most cases, for most of January. Artists may enter up to five pieces of work in a single category. An art walk will be produced in both Nevada City and Grass Valley to promote the juried artwork.
Artists can submit works for judging in three separate categories:
- 2-Dimensional: All paintings, collages, mixed media, and panels with 1.5 inches or less of depth variation
- 3-Dimensional: All sculpture and pieces with depth variations greater than 1.5 inches
- Photography: All photography, including digital and film, color, black and white
Judges will award prizes to the the top submissions in each category. Additionally, a special, separately-judged Student Category for submissions exists for artists age 19 or below.
Submission Dates & Fees
The regular submission fee is $30. Early bird submissions (submitted by September 20, 2016) are only $20. The regular submission deadline is October 16. An extended submission deadline will be in effect until November 6 ($45). Student submissions (age 19 or below) are $5.
- Nashormeh Lindo – artist, educator and Vice Chair of the California Arts Council
- Cheryl Haines – owner of Haines Gallery in San Francisco and founding Executive Director of FOR-SITE Foundation
- Luanne McKinnon, PhD – art historian, author, former owner of McKinnon Modern in New York City, and past Director of the University of New Mexico Art Museum
NOTE: Once you click submit, you will be directed to a form and payment gateway. The form is long, allowing for up to five pieces of work to be included. Just scroll to the bottom of the form to submit payment once you’ve completed entering the info for your submissions; you are not required to submit more than one piece of work.
September 20 Early Bird Registration Deadline, $20
October 16 Regular Registration Deadline, $30
November 6 Extended Deadline, $45
December 1 Jury Notifications Sent
January 12 Last day to install art work
January 15 Artists Opening Reception/Film Festival opens
January 15 Awards Ceremony
January 16 Earliest possible removal date for art work
If you have questions, please contact the Festival Director, Melinda Booth.
*Artists worldwide are invited to submit their work. However, Wild & Scenic is unfortunately unable to cover any transportation costs (for artist and/or work) and artists must be present to hang their work. Thank you for your understanding.