We know you’ve been waiting and it’s almost time! The available 2016 Film Selections will be added to the Wild & Scenic Film Library February 26th.
Take advantage of our favorite perk for active SYRCL members. Did you know you can borrow selections of films from all 14 years of Wild & Scenic Film Festivals from our film library? Check out our Film Filter and search titles from the 2013 – 2016 festivals that are here in the film library. Looking for a vintage title? Browse through the entire catalog of Film titles either By Title or By Genre, from 2003-present.
In preparation for your upcoming rentals, here are some of the rules and regulations of borrowing films from the library so you can be ready when the big day comes:
- To check out a film, you must be an active SYRCL member. Not sure if you are? Call or email Alena Loomis at 530-265-5961 ext 220 to check your membership status. If you know you aren’t a current member or simply need to renew, visit our Membership page and get signed up.
- WE CANNOT MAIL ANY FILMS. Pick up and drop off is self-service, in person only. Visit the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) main office at 313 Railroad Ave., Nevada City Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. We can only offer this service for local members. (Thanks for your understanding).
- Films may only be viewed for in-home, personal use. Permission is not granted for group showings.
- Film rentals are free for current SYRCL members.
- Rentals are for ONE WEEK only.
- Rentals are limited to three films at any given time.
- Please take care of the DVDs and do not leave them where they may be damaged.
To check out a film: Please fill out the film check out slip with the required information and place the paper where the DVD was. This allows us to easily know where the film is. Place the DVD in a case located beneath the binders.
To return your film: Look at the colored circle sticker with a year, or for the year written on the DVD. Please place the DVD back in the appropriate year’s binder in the slot labeled with the film title. Return the case to where you found it. You may then recycle the slip with your information. If you are confused or in a hurry, please place the DVD in the film return box.
And please note, not all films from each year’s festival will be included in the library.
If you’re looking for a way to pass the time until the new selections are added, we have a collection of Library Films from 2003 – 2015. That’s 13 years of enthralling environmental, activist, cultural and inspiring film right at your fingertips. Come on down and check it out.
Click here to search for films. You can search by festival year, award winners or genre. Just be sure you select the Film Library checkbox to view films available for checkout.