2019 Wild & Scenic titles will be available
Take advantage of our favorite perk for active SYRCL members. Did you know you can borrow selections of films from all the years of the Wild & Scenic Film Festival from our library?
Check out our film filter and search titles from the festivals here in the library.
In addition to our physical DVD library which resides at the SYRCL office, we are now thrilled to offer online streaming for a selection of Wild & Scenic titles. Year after year, our attendees are more frequently asking if the films we screen at our festival will be available to view online. Ask and you shall receive, our friends! ECOSTREAMZ now has a Wild & Scenic Film Festival portal where subscribers can check out a selection of past films, as well as content directly from SYRCL so you can also learn all about what we’re up to in the Yuba watershed. This means that you can access Wild & Scenic films in one place in the comfort of your own home. Not only will subscribers find Wild & Scenic content on the site, but they can also access a library of meaningful content shedding light on important issues from around the globe. Stay tuned for more content coming soon!
DVD Film Library Borrowing Rules
In preparation for your upcoming rentals, here are some of the borrowing rules:
- You must be an active SYRCL member to check out a film. Rentals are free for members. Not sure if you are a member? Call or email Eric Robins at 530-265-5961 ext 220 to check your membership status. If you know you aren’t a current member or simply need to renew, visit Membership and sign up.
- We cannot mail any films. Pickup and drop-off are self-service and in person only. Visit the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) main office at 313 Railroad Ave., Nevada City. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 9am–5pm. We can only offer this service to local members. Thanks for understanding.
- Borrowers are strictly prohibited from ripping or copying DVDs from the library.
- Films may only be viewed for in-home, personal use. Permission is not granted for group showings.
- Rentals are for one week only.
- Rentals are limited to three films at any given time.
- Please take care of the DVDs. Do not leave them where they may be damaged.
How to Check Out a Film
The film library is to the right of the front door at the SYRCL office.
- Please fill out the film check-out slip with the required information and place the paper where the DVD was stored. This makes it easier for us to know where the film is.
- Place the DVD in a case located beneath the binders.
How to Return a Film
- Look at the colored circle sticker to find the year, or look for the year written on the DVD.
- Please place the DVD back in the appropriate year’s binder in the slot labeled with the film title.
- Return the case to where you found it.
- You may then recycle the slip with your information.
- If you are confused or in a hurry, please place the DVD in the film return box.
Almost 1,000 Motivating Films to Choose From
Please note: not all films from each year’s festival will be included in the library.
If you’re looking for a way to pass the time until the new selections are added, we have a collection of library films starting from 2003. That’s years of enthralling environmental, activist, cultural and inspiring film right at your fingertips. Come on down and check it out!